Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So I can finally say with confidence.

I DO KNOW WHERE I AM GOING TO…!!!

As of July 1st I am officially in Operation Arizona mode. Well, first let me say this Casanova Brown is still in thinking mode. To quote him “I haven’t decided if I want to stay here or not”. Is his latest mantra but, at the same time he is checking out 4 and 5 bedroom houses and asking what I think. When I confront him with the obvious question of “Why wouldn’t you stay?”. His response is “I am bored. There is nothing to do. Maybe, it will be different when you come and check it out?” Yea… maybe. But, right now I am sold sight unseen. Here are my reasons:

NO WINTER
5 hour drive to LA-Mom lives there
8 hour drive to Vegas- The happiest place on earth (for adults!!)
9 hour drive to Denver –His family lives here..ok. mine too
2 hour drive to Mexico-Tequila up the ying yang and low cost prescription drugs
NO WINTER
Cost of living considerable lower!!
Plenty of job opportunities in my field.


Even with the 115 living in hell summer this place is ideal. I even heard rumors that my allergies will be better there. So you are telling me all that AND I can breathe!! HALLULJAH!!!!

I am convinced if I use the Law of attraction and positive thinking power I now have courtesy of “Oprah” and “The Secret” we all will settle down for a fun filled desert filled life in Arizona by October. I have set weekly daily, and monthly goals to ensure this process will go as smooth as possible. This week task: Have my resume posted on job sites by July 6, 2007. This task is really just a cover my bases kind of thing. I have also done research and scouted out the top three companies (with one in particular) in mind that I want to work for. I am serious. Steady and focused…..and a little scared. This is a major step. I mean Colorado isn’t my” home” but I have been here for 18 years. I accomplished all of life’s major obstacles here; graduating, getting married, having kids, buying a house, getting divorced, getting laid off, and going to jail….twice. I digress. But, it is time for me to head for new horizons.

What to do about Casanova Brown? Well. I am sure once I actually get there next week it will put a more positive spin on the whole situation. Being out there alone isn’t any fun. Hell, staying at home alone after so many hours loses its joy. Moving to another state altogether well that takes it to a new level. But, I am proud of him. It took a big gulp of Man Up Juice for him to get this far. Oh yea. He gets his first paycheck in a day or two. Money always makes any deal seem far sweeter. But, when I think about it for me moving isn’t about him as it about me and the lil divas and the lil divo. Arizona may not be a hot spot of activity but, it will allow us to open up more to the kids. Even at there tender ages they have seen all that Colorado can really offer. I guess some of that comes from my childhood. I lived in Virginia and Ohio on and off sometimes simultaneously until the age of 17(when we moved here.) Arizona may not be forever. That much I understand. I don’t think I could ever convince Cassie Brown to stay away from the cult. I ur… mean family that long. But, it will be enough to even open up his horizons. Hmnmm… doing a little domestic day dreaming. I digress.

So I will keep the world posted on the job hunt, the packing, the moving, the house selection and last but not least Casanova Brown’s ranting anger outburst, irrational and excessively long decision making and general denial of the fact he now lives in Arizona.

No comments: